This funding is to support schools in improving the quality of PE and the type of activities offered to pupils.
The funding is designed to help primary schools make additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of physical education and school sport in primary schools across England, leading to a lifetime habit of participation.
How we spend the money
We are using this funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the provision for PE and sport for the benefit of all children in the school.
We are looking to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles, and get as many children participating in regular sport as possible.
We have used the five key indicators suggested by the Association for Physical Education as guidance for the way that we spend the funding, these are:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
Click here to view the 2022-2023 report.