Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is everyone’s responsibility. Everyone who comes into contact with children and their families and carers has a role to play in safeguarding children. In order to fulfil this responsibility effectively, we at the Academy ensure our approach is child centred. We will consider, at all times, what is in the best interest of the child.
We do this by:
- Creating a safe environment for children at the Academy through robust safeguarding practices
- Ensuring that adults who work at the Academy, including volunteers, don’t pose a risk to children
- Making sure staff are trained, know how to respond to concerns and keep-up-to-date with policy and practice
- Teaching children and young people about staying safe in school and online
- Maintaining an environment where children feel confident to approach any member of staff if they have a worry or problem
To read our current safeguarding policy which is updated annually, please click here.
Safeguarding children has always and will always be our number one priority at the AcademyKay Baxter Designated Safeguarding Lead